Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chocolate Gravy. Say what!?

Yesssssss. My FAVORITE breakfast! My mom would always make this for us & it was by far the best. I think this recipe differs from hers, but I can't tell the difference. Chocolate is chocolate, right?


The hubbs had NEVER had it before I came along. (He's so lucky! Hehe) & he never really wanted to try it at first, but now he is a chocolate gravy believer! But, really. I'm so shocked when I hear people say they've never had chocolate gravy! We are in the SOUTH people! It's such a quick breakfast, too. (My kinda cookin') I also love having breakfast at dinner. (Any type of breakfast food) Hubbs hasn't come around to that one yet. He always says, "That just doesn't sound good." (I end up making it anyway) & there are NEVER any complaints. ;)


This can be eaten with homemade biscuits, but like I said, I like a quick meal. So, I use canned biscuits. Now, for this delicious recipe! Let me know how you guys LOVE it!


      Chocolate Gravy

2/3 cup sugar
2 heaping tablespoons flour
1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tablespoon butter or margarine 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I usually put less)

Add all dry ingredients to a medium sized pot/stove top safe bowl

Add milk using whisk & mix with dry ingredients

Bring to boil, reduce heat, & stir constantly to prevent scorching

It will thicken & then remove from heat

Add butter & vanilla extract 

Mix well until all is blended

Pour over your serving of biscuits



           Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. I always loved chocolate gravy as a kid too. My older brother still begs me to make it for him anytime he stays with us. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up eating chocolate gravy. We love it! I'm always shocked too when people have never heard of it! I guess because we aren't living in the "true south" here in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10