Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

No bake cookies! & a mommy moment :)

Everyone loves an easy recipe, right? Especially a NO BAKE, delicious one! These are so yummy & such a quick make. I remember my grandma always making these, too! My sister can make a pretty mean no bake cookie, also. 

I needed a quick dessert for our life group that was being hosted at our house this evening. So, I knew I had all the ingredients & these sounded amazing! Even though I am supposed to be eating healthy I couldn't pass up on these. (Plus, hubby is a big fan & the other fellas of the group are, too.) So, what's a gal to do?

My sweet farmer has been working so much lately with the soy bean harvest, so he had to miss out on life group this evening, but he made sure I knew to save him some cookies. I told him if there weren't any left I would just make more. (He doesn't need to know how easy they are to make!)

My cute tester, Drake, had to try them out before he went to his Bay Bay's (His Grammy) house for the evening & they passed with flying colors. In fact, I had to bribe him with one to actually get him to come home after life group. (Don't judge me, people!) 

On another note, my sweet girl, Dru, is teething & just a tad cranky so she stayed & enjoyed life group with us & she was our entertainment! (Climbing on the coffee table, riding everyone's "horsey" AKA leg, & running around squealing!) I've been a scattered brain mama with a wild, crazy (SWEET)  3 1/2 year old & a cranky, hurting (SWEET) 16 month old. I'm rocking my baby girl now while she is sleeping (this hardly ever happens) & Drake is laying in bed with daddy watching a super hero movie, I'm sure. Things get wild around here. I mean WILD. & I get cranky, too. But, laying here knowing I have two amazing, healthy kids who love their mommy & daddy with all of their little hearts makes things a lot easier. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I just never had that "ah-ha" moment until...... I became a mommy. This is what I was meant to do. And even though I get cranky, frustrated, & every other emotion that applies to raising kids, I wouldn't change a thing. Because, I also get all of the happiness, kisses, hugs, "I love you's" & daily blessings that go along with it. I am SO thankful for our babies. God is amazing, isn't he? Yes, he is. I just had to get a mommy moment in this evening so there it is! & here is a cute picture :)

      Now, for the recipe!

             No Bake Cookies
  
2 Cups of Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add later:
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 Cups Oats (I add extra until it gets thicker & tough to stir, so they're not runny)

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large sauce pan

Bring to a rolling boil (continue stirring so it doesn't scorch)

After about a minute & a half remove from heat

Stir in 3 remaining ingredients 

Spoon them out & put on wax paper to let them cool

& the most important..... Lick that spoon!


       Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all these yummy recipes!! I still haven't had a chance to try the sour cream cookies, but they are on my list of this week's to dos! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10