Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Looking forward to a great 2014!

Whew! Now, those were some busy holidays! I am officially back on track to my blogging!

We had an amazing Thanksgiving & Christmas! That time of the year is ALWAYS my favorite, & I think having kiddos just adds even more to it! 

For Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's I made The Pioneer Woman's cornbread dressing with sausage, mushrooms, & apples. Sounds weird, I know. But, it was SO GOOD! Damon even liked it! If it didn't take "so long" to whip up, I would make it for a nightly meal! Yum!  You can find the recipe here!

Our kiddos had a blast at Christmas! Santa did a darn good job! But, thank goodness he did not have to bring a ride-on toy, because I don't think our back yard can handle anymore! 

We had a great time with all of our families & seeing our babies happy & teaching them what Christmas truly means IS what it's all about. 

So, on to 2014! Wow. So many things happening this year! I'm looking forward to so much with my sweet family!

First off, our 5 year anniversary is this year! We've been together for 8 years or so & I just can't believe we are having our first "big" anniversary! This guy deserves an award for putting up with me! My daddy told him the day we got married that he couldn't bring me back! HA! I'm just lucky he hasn't tried yet! (That I know of) ;). I love our life & there isn't anyone else I'd rather be spending my forever with. I am a lucky gal, y'all!

Second & third, my babies are growing!!! Drake will be a big four year old & Dru will be a big two year old! Where has the time gone? Somebody tell me how to stop it! It is so much fun watching them learn & grow everyday, though. They really make me the happiest, craziest, proudest mama! They're my babies, & no matter how old they get I will make sure they know it EVERY day!

& Fourth, We are getting a NEW baby nephew! We have 3 nieces & 2 nephews from both of my older sisters & their husbands. And, now Damon's brother & his wife are expecting! We are beyond excited & can't wait to snuggle a new little nephew! His due date is July 4th! I think he will be a little firecracker ;)

I've thought about taking up Photography for a while now. Damon gave me my camera for Christmas in 2012. This year he bought me a new lens and a seat at the Mamarazzi of Tulsa! I had a blast & learned a lot more than what I went in knowing. The ladies were so sweet & very helpful! So, I'm out on a new adventure and I'm very excited about it. I hope to keep you all updated on my journey through here! Here's a picture I snapped of my baby girl, Dru. She will be 19 months next week.    
(She's clearly in the boo boo stage!)




               Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10